As we think about how our facility will deal with the impact of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we’ve found it very important to work with local health officials, child care licensing & accreditation boards fo Florida, health consultants, and other community partners to determine the most appropriate plan and action.
We encourage staff to take everyday preventive actions to prevent the spread of respiratory illness. And have instructed them with these methods, of which they are already very familiar with:
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Remember to supervise young children when they use hand sanitizer to prevent swallowing alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Cover cough and sneezes.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you have to go out in public.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be put on babies and children under age two because of the danger of suffocation.
- Communicate to parents the importance of keeping children home when they are sick.
- Sick staff members should not return to work until they have met the criteria to discontinue home isolation.
In all, we have addressed these additional considerations:
- Implementing social distancing strategies
- Intensified cleaning and disinfection efforts
- Modified drop off and pick up procedures
- Implemented screening procedures up the arrival
- Maintained an adequate ratio of staff to children to ensure safety.
- Planned ahead and recruited those with child care experience to ensure that Tiniciti has a roster of substitute caregivers who can fill in if any staff member is sick or has decided to stay home to care for sick family members.
Tiniciti Preschool has also planned ahead to ensure adequate supplies to support hand hygiene behaviors and routine cleaning of objects and surfaces.
Our school is very much looking forward to spending the next school year with their students!